November 16, 2012
November 16, 2012
- Holiday Entertainment at The Shoppes Chino Hills
- LAST WEEKEND FOR DAY OUT WITH THOMAS THE TRAIN!!
- YO GABBA GABBA! LIVE!: Get The Sillies Out!
- DISNEY ON ICE PRESENTS DARE TO DREAM
- Chill at Queen Mary
- "Rise of the Guardians" In Theaters November 21st
- 2012 Fall Photographer Guide
- Macaroni Kid Toy Party
- This Week's Picks
- This Week's Calendar
- Teen Scene
- Plan Ahead
- 10 Steps to Cooking the Perfect Turkey
- Handprint Turkey
- Thanksgiving Bingo
- A Reason to Give Thanks
- Kids Eat Free
- Looking for Classes?
11/17/2012 to 1/6/2013
The Queen Mary
The Queen Mary Brings a “CHILL” to Southern California with
New Holiday-Themed Winter Wonderland. More Than Two Million Pounds of Ice Used to Create CHILL, a One-of-aKind West Coast Event.
Known for its renowned events, the iconic Queen Mary presents CHILL, an experience that will bring cheer,enchantment and cold temperatures to Southern California just in time for the holiday season.
The only event of its kind on the West Coast, CHILL is a not-to-miss holiday event. Beginning Nov. 17, CHILL will offer a completely unique holiday experience featuring:
• The Ice Kingdom: Holiday-inspired scenes, made from more than two million pounds of sparkling ice, fill a 13,000 square-foot igloo (Queen Maryʼs Dome) to bring a winter wonderland to Southern California. Featuring a walk-through Fairytale Castle, Ice Cave, Santaʼs Toyland, Nativity Scene and 24-foot-tall Queen Mary Ship and Slide, these exhibits are sure to mesmerize guests of all ages. Each exhibit is handmade and
meticulously created by an international team of expert ice sculptors and enhanced with stunning lights and colors to create a visually enticing experience unlike no other. Kept at
a very cool nine degrees Fahrenheit to preserve the ice,guests will be provided parkas to enjoy this spectacular event.
• Ice Tubing: Standing two stories tall and 100-feet long, guests can grab an oversized tube and race down a slide made completely of ice.
• Ice Skating: Enjoy a perfect Southern California day and feel the crisp Pacific Ocean air on your face while going on a yuletide glide at the Queen Maryʼs 6,500 square-foot ice
rink. The majestic Queen Mary will provide a stunning backdrop for a winter tradition that is not to be missed.
• Holiday Village: From decorating gingerbread houses and visiting Santa, to listening to holiday carolers and enjoying the dazzling decorations along Candy Lane, the Holiday Village is sure to captivate young and old alike.
CHILL will also feature live entertainment, food and beverages. CHILLʼs Holiday Village is open to the public, and pricing for The Ice Kingdom starts at $19.95 for adults and $14.95 for kids, $9.95 for Ice Tubing and $9.95 + rentals for ice skating. Lodging packages are also available.
CHILL will be open seven-days-a-week beginning Nov. 17 through Jan. 6. For more information, including hours or to purchase tickets online, visit http://queenmary.com/chill/.
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC